La Romana, Dominican Republic – The 9th Annual Casa de Campo Spring Shootout will be held from April 21-25, 2013, at the finest resort in the Caribbean. The 54-hole stroke-play event—open to all amateurs, male and female, with a handicap—will be played over the top golf courses in the islands: Pete Dye’s world-famous Teeth of the Dog, Dye Links, and Dye Fore layouts.
After a practice day on Sunday, April 21, the tournament will be conducted the following three days among 10 flights of men and 6 flights of women golfers. Winners from each flight will compete in a shootout over Teeth of the Dog on Wednesday, April 24, until four players—two men and two women—remain. They will battle over the Dog’s 9th hole until individual champions are crowned.
The Spring Shootout also includes a first-night cocktail party and dinner, awards banquet, and a number of prize drawings.
Rates for golfers competing in the shootout begin at $1,705 per person for a four-night stay and include:
• Golf Lodge or Elite accommodations
• Breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily
• Drinks at all Casa de Campo hotel bars and restaurants
• Unlimited drinks at the Oasis Bars and beverage carts during tournament rounds
• Unlimited green fees, carts, range balls, and club storage
• Tournament entry fee
• Gift pack
• Round-trip transfers from La Romana, Punta Cana, or Santo Domingo airports
• Tax and service charge
• Extra nights can be booked beginning at $232 per person and include all meals, drinks, green fees, and more.
For more information, call the golf reservations office at (809) 523-8215 or visit www.casadecampo.com.do.